Effective: November 1, 2016
2. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit our site, we may collect the following personal information about you:
- Contact information, such as your name, home or other physical address, email, telephone number, organization name, and/or job title when you submit a request a demo or contact us form.
- Unique identifiers and preference information such as your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, computer or mobile device, your navigation and clickstream behavior from actions that you take on our site.
- Information about you from affiliates, subsidiaries, business partners, ad networks, and other third parties and combine it with information we already have about you.
- Information about you that you share or make visible on the Internet. We may combine such information with information we already have about you.
We use various technologies to collect personal information about visitors to our site. These technologies include the following:
- We also use Local Storage Objects (LSOs). These technologies, such as HTML5 are used to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs.
3. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the information collected to improve the content on our site and further develop our products and services to better serve our clients, communicate with you by responding to your inquiries and requests, send important notices, as well as market our products and services.We use information collected through tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to improve the functionality and the content of our site.
We track the popularity of features on the site to guide the development of new ones. We assess the ways in which users become aware of or access the site in order to gauge the quality and methods of our advertising.
If you choose to provide NPG with personally identifiable information, we will use that information for our internal business purposes only. For example:
- If you provide us with your email address, we may use it for our own marketing, promotional, and informational purposes, including solicitations, invitations, newsletters, awareness campaigns, and announcements, but we will not share your email address with unaffiliated third parties.
4. TO WHOM WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Please note that there are circumstances where the use or disclosure of personal information may be justified or permitted, or where NPG may be obligated to disclose information without consent. Such circumstances may include:
- If required to comply with a subpoena or warrant issued or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information or to comply with the rules of a court relating to the production of records.
- If we receive a formal request to disclose your personal information in connection with a legal action, we will attempt to contact you about it, if permitted by law, via the e-mail address you provided when you submit a request a demo or contact us form, before we respond to that request.
- If we believe in good faith that a law, regulation, rule or guideline requires it;
- To a person who needs the information because of an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an identifiable person or group.
5. HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use reasonable and appropriate physical, technical and administrative industry safeguards to protect information from unauthorized access, use, loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration. We will make reasonable efforts to protect personal information stored on the site’s servers from unauthorized access using commercially available computer security products (for example, firewalls), as well as carefully developed security procedures and practices. Notwithstanding our security safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security in all circumstances. If you have any questions about security on our site, you can contact our privacy office at email@example.com.
Cookies and pixel tagsA cookie is a small text file that our computer sends to your computer, and that your computer sends back to us each time you make a request from www.newportprivategroup.com. A cookie contains a unique identification number that identifies the visitor's browser, but not necessarily the visitor. A pixel tag is a small graphic image similar to a cookie.
When you access www.newportprivategroup.com, our computer may seek to place cookies or pixel tags on your computer to collect Session Data. Cookies and pixel tags are used to help us recognize you when you visit www.newportprivategroup.com again or to help us customize your online experience. Unless a visitor specifically informs us of his/her identity (e.g. by registering with us), we will not know who the individual visitor is.
If you decide not to accept our cookies, you will be able to access those parts of www.newportprivategroup.com that are available to the general public, but you will not be able to access the Investor Portal.
Newport Private Group may from time to time monitor and review any information transmitted or received through www.newportprivategroup.com, or through telephone or e-mail communications, for quality assurance and other purposes. We reserve the right to censor, edit, remove or prohibit the transmission or receipt of any information that Newport Private Group deems inappropriate or in violation of our Terms and Conditions. During monitoring the information may be examined, recorded or copied.
7. HOW WE RETAIN AND STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are an Investor, we store your investor information in the Investor Portal. You can access the Investor Portal by using the link on www.newportprivategroup.com and logging in. The Investor Portal contains your name, e-mail address, e-mail, and investment data.
Retention and Storage
We will retain your Personal Information in our databases in accordance with our Records Management Policy and applicable laws. This period may extend beyond the end of your relationship with us, but it will be only as long as it is necessary for us to have sufficient information to respond to any issues that may arise later. We may also need to retain certain information to prevent fraudulent activity; protect ourselves against liability, permit us to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that we may sustain; or if we believe in good faith that a law, regulation, rule or guideline requires it.
8. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Newport Private Group employs physical, administrative and technical safeguards to help protect the confidentiality and integrity of Personal Information and to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of Personal Information.
If you choose to contact Newport Private Group through www.newportprivategroup.com, you should be aware that any information transmitted electronically via the World Wide Web might not be secure. Newport Private Group assumes no liability for the loss of any information that you transmit to us via the World Wide Web.
In communicating with you, we may send e-mail as unencrypted plain text because we are aware that most Members and Guests cannot readily process encrypted e-mail. This is done for your convenience, but with the security concern that, if misrouted or intercepted, it could be read more easily than encrypted e-mail.
9. HOW TO ACCESS, MODIFY, OR CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT
We endeavor to ensure that Personal Information is as accurate, complete and current as necessary for the purposes for which we use that information. We encourage you to visit Account Settings to review your Personal Information.
You can access your Personal Information in Account Settings and update it or delete inaccuracies, as necessary. For example, you can change at any time your e-mail address or your preferences.
If you wish to modify your Personal Information or close your account, you can do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to such requests to information access within 30 days following receipt at the e-mail. If we receive your request at a different e-mail, we will respond within a reasonable period of time, but not to exceed 150 days from the date received.
If you request that we close your account, we will promptly do so, to the extent possible. Once your account is closed, however, you will not be able to use many of the services available on www.newportprivategroup.com to Investors, unless you re-register.
Please remember that we may not be able to honor your request if we are legally obligated to retain information.
11. CONTACT INFORMATION